The Final Tournament
Eligibility to Play
The Top 60 players from the South Island region are eligible to play. We will also include the top 5 players in our online tournaments. No spares or alternates will be accepted.
Starting chips will be $5,000 plus the bonus chips based on where the players are in the standings.
The bonus chip formula is as follows:
|Player Ranking||Bonus Chips|
In addition to the bonus chips as noted above, players get further bonus chips as follows:
- First place finishes: An extra $1000 in tournament chips for every 1st place finish during the season.
- Monthly Venue Point Leaders will receive an extra $2,500 in tournament chips at the Main Event for every spot earned.
- Second Chance tournaments also generate points towards the Main Event as follows:
- 1st place in the 2nd chance standings: 10,000 chips
- 2nd place in the 2nd chance standings: 5,000 chips
- 3rd place in the 2nd chance standings: 2,500 chips
- Players in the Main Event will be given an additional bonus amount of starting chips based on the amount of Knockout Chips they have accumulated over the season. Note that as of the Summer 2011 Season, Knockout Chip values have been increased from $10 to $25 for the South Vancouver Island Region and $50 for the North Vancouver Island Region.
Jack manages to accumulate 70 KO chips over 7 tournaments he played in the South Vancouver Island Region this season. He also had one 1st place finish. His overall ranking in the season is 22nd, and he was the Monthly Venue Point Leader once. Additionally, his overall 2nd chance standing is 1st place:
Base allocation = $5,000
Placement bonus = $4,000
First place finish = $1,000
Monthly Venue Leader bonus = $2,500 x 1
Second chance standing = $10,000 x 1
Bonus chips at the Main Event =
70 KOs x $25 per KO chip = 70 x 25 = $1,750
Jack receives a total of $24,250 in starting chips at the Main Event.
Final Tournament Prize Package
The prizes for the Main Event are $1000 at the final table, door prizes and plaques for the winners.